We’re on the lookout for a paid intern who can help us drive meaningful results for our clients in the social impact space
McPherson Strategies is a boutique communications consultancy focused on the intersection of brands and social impact. Our clients include corporations, social businesses, nonprofits, social entrepreneurs and foundations. We specialize in developing, amplifying and communicating social impact initiatives.
We’re on the lookout for a paid intern who can help us drive meaningful results for our clients in the social impact space. The role would require a minimum of ten hours per week (with the potential for more), with the expectation that you alot at least one half hour per day to respond to any time-sensitive emails.
Location: Our team is remote, but we’re all about communication and collaboration. Most of our team is based in New York, and we also have a presence in Chicago.
- Work with Account Director to track deadlines and capture status updates for client activities (events, awards, media, etc.).
- Conduct thorough research, including vetting potential partners, developing target lists and analyzing industry competitors.
- Discover, vet and pursue strategic opportunities to get clients visibility.
- Manage outreach and prepare submission materials for conferences and awards, including drafting topic proposals.
- When possible, participate in client and internal calls, taking notes and providing call prep materials as needed.
- Provide additional administrative and research support as needed.
- A self-starter attitude
- Strong writing chops and critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to changing conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Top-notch research skills and the ability to present information in a digestible way
- The ability to work effectively with a remote team
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to providing quality work to McPherson Strategies teams and clients
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment (preferred)
Sound like you? Please send your resume to email@example.com along with a brief note about why you think you’re right for the gig.